Tuesday, November 07, 2006

John Piper on 'Avoiding Sexual Sin'

I thought this was outstanding: clear, serious, fair, practical, etc...

His background to it was 1987 (the first couple of paragraphs talk about the background then). But today's is no better - possibly worse. There's been that evangelical leader in the US, and many examples abound in the UK and elsewhere too.

We are each one of us capable of such horrible sin.

John Piper's sermon here might just be one of God's loving means of grace to prevent us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Just so you know, I didn't see Tim Chester's post on exactly the same thing until after I'd put this up! This Piper piece was the 'piece of the day' a couple of days ago, which is where I got it from, and I guess he did too.

Great minds...

7:30 am, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home